Monday, March 31, 2014

Late Nights at the Duncan House

 A happy hello to each of you! I hope this finds you well—rejoicing in the peace and joy of the Lord! The last two days I have enjoyed the sunshine (and rain) with my sweetheart. Him having two nights off gives wonderful freedom to explore our city, catch up on sleep, work on house projects, and simply enjoy spending the day together.

But what exactly goes on when my mister leaves the house for work at 10:30 p.m.? Whatever occurs in the wee hours of morning while I await D’s homecoming? Since Dalton and I are purposing to be on a similar schedule I spend my evenings in all sorts of ways. Let me share some with you. 

Computer Work
                          

Welcome to my office! Here I perform a myriad of tasks ranging from creating/implementing a household budget ( S U P E R  fun!), investigate options for insurance, internet and the likes, search for husband birthday ideas (it’s coming up and you know … I’ve never had a husband to throw parties for. It’s kind of a new thing ;), create grocery lists, to-do lists, and random blog post lists.
Oh, I also spend a lot of time here and here and here. Ooops.

 Craigslist-ing
Although searching Craigslist is considered computer related this pastime deserves its own paragraph. Hours of searching/replying/crying over unnoticed bids occurr in my solitude. However, I am thankful that these pictures demonstrate the results of watching over the furniture section like a buzzard over road kill. We were blessed to find a sofa and love seat for $130 and the cutest bench table for $100. Both in good condition!
                                      



Cooking and Cleanting
(a shout out to Madea)

The house is abuzz with all sorts of projects once eleven o’clock strikes. Cabinets come off hinges and are painted, pantries wiped out, floors mopped, bathrooms sanitized, and occasionally meals get prepared for. This yummy dish can be found here and was filled with turkey and cheese (blue for him, cheddar for her). J

                                      

 Quiet Time

The quiet moments of evening prove lovely for listening to music, reading, and writing. My current favorites include re-playing "Attaboy," reading God's words in Psalms and Proverbs as well as re-reading my copy of Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl.

Overall, the favorite pursuits of my current third shift is working with the budget and taking time to read. I know these slow yet busy days will not always last so I want to be as patient, thankful, and productive with them as possible.
Have any of you tried to maintain a weird schedule? I’d love to hear about it!
Your nightowl of a friend,
Frannie

4 comments:

  1. I would never be a night owl Frannie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have never tried to maintain a night-owl schedule intentionally, but I find that on breaks and weekends, I tend to naturally slip into one - going to bed at 3 or 4 in the morning, but being up again before 11AM. I also had a friend who liked to get up for several hours in the middle of the night and do his shopping, working out, etc. when no one else was awake. So I can see how it would work. Not sure I have any tips for maintaining it, though. :-(

    But because I want to leave you with a smiley face, I have to say that your house is looking amazing!! I am crazy about the bench table - one of my best friends in real life has a bench table in her house, and seeing one always makes me think of her and good things like spices, flowers, sunshine, and fresh fish. :-D Still in love with the arched doorway, too!! My, how I hope we can meet in real life one day!

    Blessings and hugs to you, Frannie - what a good wife you are, adapting your schedule to Dalton's odd work times. Hopefully someday he'll be promoted to a better shift so you can get back to "normal," but in the meantime, have fun playing around with your working hours! :-D

    ~ Vicki

    P.S. Sorry to leave you a novel-length comment again ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have an almost ideal life. =) Your schedule does sound crazy but fun. What a good idea to be on the same time schedule as your husband. And your house is looking beautiful! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetest friends!

    Vickie, thank you for your encouragement and oohing over our table ... I am loving it too!! And we praise the Lord because about 2-3 weeks after I wrote this post, D began a better, day shift!! Yay! God is so good!!

    Sweet Diane, Thank you!! Yes, life is lovely right now and I have loved being on the same schedule as he ... even if it meant staying up. You can get lots done when there's nothing going on outside! ;) How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...