Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Part of Me Missing


I miss my husband and I'm not ashamed to say it. 

But there was a time when I was ... When I couldn't stand to reveal to the world my need and desire for my one and only (or for anyone to be honest). 

You see, I grew up in a world where independence was looked highly upon ... No need for WWIII to break out just because daddy was away on a business trip. And I am so thankful for that--I'm glad that I learned not to fall to pieces when family members were away from the nest. 

Unfortunately, the independence I learned to value and appreciate created in me a distaste for anything dependent. Which can be a hazardous mixture in marriage. It isn't fair to your other half when you are okay with wanderlusting the globe alone and unattached; and, though it may reassure your traveling mate that you'll be okay when he or she is away, it doesn't speak love to be so nonchalant and capable when they're away. 

Everyone wants to know they are wanted.

Everyone needs to know they are needed. 

It wasn't until a friend told me that it was okay to feel lonely when separated from my beloved. That it was normal to feel like half of me was missing ... since half of me truly was. Freedom broke out in my heart. It's okay to need someone; to not want to leave without your other half; To miss others. 

So here's to missing my husband ... May the interestate grow smaller and smaller in distance and the home lights burn brighter with each passing mile.

5 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, Frannie. I am missing my husband all the time he is in hospital too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aughh ... so much work still to be done ... my wild heart still rebels against the thought of being dependent on anyone else. >:-( Thank you for reminding me that it's nothing to be ashamed of!! I hope someday I'll learn that truth for myself!

    (I hope your poor throat is feeling better - I meant to comment sooner and let you know that I was thinking about you. I'll pray that the time while D. is gone absolutely flies by!!)

    Hugs!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully spoken Frannie! :)

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    Love In Christ,
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frannie, I'm sure D. is back home with you after all this time (at least, I certainly hope he is!!), but I found a song today that made me think of you two:

    Jet Lagged - Simple Plan ft. Natasha Bedingfield

    It's a non-Christian rock song and it's pretty loud, so you're welcome to pass on it if you like; but the lyrics are just adorable and they made me think of this post as soon as I heard them. :-)

    I hope you guys are back together, feeling good and having a great start to your week!!

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad for your encouragement and support! You ladies are wonderful.

    Mrs. Elizabeth, you and your dear husband have been on my mind a lot. I am praying for you two.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...