Monday, February 16, 2015

Home Again, Home Again // Las Vegas Honeymoon

It's official.

I love traveling with my darling man.

Not only do I have someone to tote the large suitcase onto scary, metal escalators but there's a constant hand to hold + smile to find ... even when we're lost + travel weary.

Our (late) honeymoon was a blast. We flew to Las Vegas + spent ten warm, sun-shiny days touring the strip + lounging in the lazy river at our resort. A very kind friend had given us a week of his time share so we were able to really feel at home in a Wyndham apartment.




 
 
 
We spent hours walking the strip, eating gelato + exploring the sites.
 

 

 
 
One of our favorite discoveries was Las Vegas' Chinatown. While there we ate at Mother's Grill, a beautiful Korean restaurant.
 
 
Afterwards, we explored a busy grocery store full of foreign foods, fresh meat + produce.

 
Trinket shops were full of adorable items + hilarious signs.

 
And we wandered into one shop that was full of dried goods including shark fin, mushrooms + ginseng. Everything was amazingly expensive ...

 
The Hershey Chocolate store was lovely ... every type of candy lined the shelves.
 



 
Often times, we'd prepare our own meals at our apartment ... Dalton loves pickle juice + took full advantage of the lovely glasses we found in the cupboard.
 
 
And many nights we spent watching a movie with the fireplace ablaze, snuggled close.
 
It was a really special trip + one I'm so thankful we could go on. Now we are back home + making the most of our days here ... but we will always be able to look back to this trip + smile!

10 comments:

  1. So pleased that you had such a wonderful time. What a gift to have the apartment, such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Miss Elizabeth!

      Yes, the apartment was a real joy .. it was such a gift being able to have somewhere we could call "home." Even for a few days!

      Thank you for your love and well-wishes. You are appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so happy for you!! It sounds like you two had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolann! Yes, it was lovely! Our feet might be sore from all the walking but I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

      Delete
  3. Awww... It looks as if you two had an amazing time together. What joyous, fun! :D

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! It was a total blast discovering new places and relaxing together ... such a treat!

      Delete
  4. Frannie, you have won a copy of the Cornish recipe book. Would you email me with your address please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Miss Elizabeth! I sent an email your way earlier today ... can't wait to find it in our box!!

      Love and blessings!
      Frannie

      Delete
  5. Wow!!! What wonderful photos - it looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Thank you so much for sharing your pics with us! The pictures from the Hershey store remind me of "Wreck-It Ralph," but I think my favorite photo is those three weird catfish!! What faces to be staring back at you!!! :-O

    I'm glad you're back, but I'm SO glad you guys got to have such a nice time. :-) I pray that the Lord would smooth your transition back into a routine and help you feel refreshed!

    Hugs!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, oh Vickie! Those catfish are my favorites too! My D too that picture and said, "Hey, they look like a trio!" I imagine them singing!! :D

      Thank you for your love and prayers. The transition home has been (weirdly) a little strange and also so good. I love sleeping in my own sheets and washing my own dishes. Ah, home. It is good!!

      Love to you!

      Delete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...