Saturday, September 29, 2012

On Such a Day

 
 
“When peace like a river attendeth my way,
 when sorrows like sea billows roll;
 whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
 "It is well, it is well with my soul."
 
I very seldom cry and only then on rare, private occasions. Usually, I cry when I’m  alone with my Lord and I’ve fallen on my face again; then there are those moments when loneliness or some other emotion breaks open my depths and tears find themselves trickling down my white face.
Yet, there is another which can make my dry eyes water: beauty. Beauty often takes my breath away and as I kneel to pick a flower and place it in my hair or if I stand underneath a brilliant, star-lit night I find my little soul over-flowing. Sometimes the abudance results in tears.
Today, as the leaves change to scarlet red and sunshiny yellow, as the wind playfully skipped over the land, and as the sky was full of blue and white, I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry for this world  we’re blessed to live in, though pain-filled and fallen, is so lovely. Everything speaks of order and life; everything proclaims the power and love of God.
So I shed a little tear and smile.   
What makes you smile?          
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...