Thursday, October 2, 2014

Coffee with my Lord | Starting Up


There is nothing better than a clean, joyful, loving relationship with Jehovah God. And early mornings and hot coffee and good friends -- wonderful blessings I enjoy. And that is why I am beginning a new (and hopefully consistent) series on Of Mess and Glory. I want to share what the LORD is doing in my life (and hopefully hear what He is doing in yours too!).

Lately, the Lord has been gently spanking me; chastening me into a closer walk with Him. His word says in Hebrews 12,

" ... My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: for whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

Having grown up in a home where Mr. Spanky (the household spanking rod) was a regular, well known member, I know that spanking hurts. But nothing aches more than an uncleared, sin-filled conscience; nothing is heavier than a heart burdened with sin; nothing destroys more than a lack of justice.

Thankfully, our Abba Daddy always pursues us. He faithfully chastens our proud and stubborn hearts desiring that we allow His proddings to lead us to repentance and freedom.

Last night, as Dalton and I watched a movie about Cain and Abel, we marveled at a new thought for us. After murdering Abel, Cain was rightfully punished for his sin; yet, God still showered mercy upon him by placing a marking upon him and promising to avenge him if ever another man killed him. Even in sin, God maintained a relationship with Cain. It was Cain who left the presence of the Lord. Sin requires a punishment ... it always has and always will. But, in His tremendous mercy, God has met the requirement of our sin -- through the death of Jesus Christ. Justice was met. My punishment has been given ... to Someone else who willingly stood in my place.

I am so thankful that I can repent of sins and be forgiven ... because God mercifully and justly provided a sacrifice for me. I am also thankful for God's chastening hand -- even though it often hurts, His faithful proddings sow seeds of revival and repentance in my heart.

So, dear friends, how has God been leading in your life? What new lessons have you been taught? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Hoping your coffee is good and your heart at peace,


 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...