Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Confessions of a First Born



 
 I am a girl driven for perfection and filled with a desire to please.

Yes, Dr. Leman, I am a first born.

This wonderful, ahem, bothersome drive has helped define me. Instead of being remembered as fun, lively, and entertaining (like my beloved younger sister)I am known as being responsible, level headed, and helpful. If you were to ask me I dislike being weak, fear being useless, and abhor failure.
 
I am so glad God created second-borns and comedians--the world would be a hard place to live in if it consisted of people just like me. Shudder.  

Alas, more often than not, I become my own worst critic. I’m inclined to forget that Jesus’ death and resurrection paid for my sins and wiped them away—completely. I tend to apologize five times too many after making a mistake. I often fret over decisions not because I am a worrier but because I want to be able to check off my checklist completely and in the most charming way possible.

So, when I encounter dear-hearts who are okay with who I am (fears and quirks and all) and who demonstrate unconditional love I tend to step back in surprise. When loving souls accept me at my most vulnerable state and say, “It’s okay, I still love you,” I draw a sharp breath.

You’re okay with accepting someone less than perfect?

You don’t mind that I don’t ~ always ~ have it together?

You’ll have enough patience to help me learn to breathe in this crazy world of ours?

I am so blessed to have a Heavenly Father and Great High Priest. I am so blessed to have a family who encourages and equips me. I am so blessed to have a man who loves patiently.

Your incredibly imperfect perfectionist,

Frannie
 

1 comment:

  1. Frannie, I struggled for years with being over apologetic, with feeling that I hadn't quite lived up to the mark.
    But God guides us all in His way, and when I found the perfect husband, 35 years ago, my life became fulfilled....as yours is becoming.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...