Friday, August 10, 2012

As Smooth as She Gets



 
She ran up, glibly, leaning backwards over the line of burgundy chairs before me.

"Here ya go," my little sister in Christ said. "This pebble is for you; it's smooth because we learned that God often makes us go through tough places in order to become smooth." She handed me a small, penny-sized charcoal colored pebble. It was smooth. She smiled as I gave my thanks.

How could she have known such a small, worthless stone could mean so much to me? And that was weeks ago. How did she know that I would have needed the encouragement that little pebble gave me today? She didn't; but God knew.

I thank God for using the storms in life for His glorious and good purposes. I thank Him for molding, shaping, and sometimes opening the flood gates upon me so that I can be conformed closer and closer into His image.

I thank Him for small, smooth, charcoal colored pebbles. 

2 comments:

  1. That is special, Frannie. So many times, I come across a special momento to remind me of a friend or God's love, and many times, they are intertwined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Adams, I always love your sweet comments. It is special when we run across things like that.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...