Friday, August 24, 2012

A Little of This and a Little of That

 
Yield Not to Temptation
 
Yield not to temptation,
For yielding is sin--
Each victory will help
you Some other to win;
fight manfully onward,
Dark passions subdue
Look ever to Jesus, He
will carry you through.
 
To him that o'recometh
God giveth a crown,
Through faith we shall
conquer, Though often
cast down; He, who is
our Saviour, Our
strength will renew,
Look ever to Jesus, He
will carry you through.
 
Ask the Saviour to help
you, Comfort,
strengthen, and keep
you; He is willing to aid you, He will carry
you through.
 
--Horatio R. Palmer
 
lllllllllll
 
Greetings of love in the name of Jesus!
 I hope this finds you all well; my trip to Pennsylvania was full and refreshing . . . the perfect kickoff for school. As the Ghanaian saying goes, I have had much to go home and chew on--meaning the messages were very thought provoking and deserve much reflection. The weekend's speakers taught on the forgotten messages of Christ  starting from the Beatitudes on down to Biblical finances. I love how the Lord meant for the Sermon on the Mount to be taken literal, to be walked out in our lives.
 
My trip (at least 36 hours) was alot of fun. The family I rode with were so gracious . . . my! the young men raised the standard of chivalry one-hundred fold! My sweet sisters in Christ were fun companions as made-up words began to describe all things fast-food and corny jokes became the fashion.
 
And now, I am home. Classes began earlier this week; how glad I am to be entering my third year and to be taking specific elemantary-focused classes. How fun it will be to observe actual classrooms and read piles of children's books.
 
Spiritually, I find the Lord pointing His kind finger in areas where I have compromised. Questions about movies, music, and attitudes are flying about my mind and, sometimes, I can get so overwhelmed! But God is good in gently diciplining areas where I have sinned and in cleansing areas that are unclean.
 
I am reminded of the sweet promise:
 
"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."
 
What's going on in your life? Are you toting books to crowded classrooms? Preparing your fall-cleaning lists? Trying yummy recipes? I'd love to hear from you!
 
Your sister in Christ,
Frannie
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Frannie! I'm so glad that your trip went well and that you're back home safe and sound - we've missed you here in blog-world!! :-D

    Thank you so much for your comment the other day! I'm feeling much better at the end of this week ... those first few days back to school are just overwhelming sometimes. :-) But made much better by sweet sisters in Christ!! Thank you so much, my friend!

    Have a wonderful day - oh, and please do post your thoughts, when you're ready, about what the Lord is discussing with you about movies and music ... I've been feeling a little uncertain about some things myself, and I'd like to hear what He is doing in your life. :-)

    Welcome back again, Frannie!

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...