Saturday, October 9, 2010

Closer to Jesus

   Greetings friends! I hope all is well  with you.  Today was such a lovely day; the Lord lovingly allowed the leaves to change what seems overnight into bright and lively oranges, yellows, and reds. . .truly, I am in love with this season! :o) I am thoroughly enjoying sweaters, harvest candles, slippers, and coffee and praise Jesus Christ for allowing such a nice season!
Earlier today I found a very neat website-  http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/FreeChristianSongsHome.aspx . This site has many songs by sung by Christians that you can listen to while on the computer. It is a really great tool! I’ve been listening to Abigail Miller, a lovely Christian singer. Many of her songs encouraged and challenged me, but “Compel Them” was one of the best.  If you would like to listen to the actual song, please go to this link.  May you be richly blessed!
The king had planned a wedding feast,
To honor his dear Son.
He sent his men to tell the honored guests
The time had come.
But the foolish men made light of it
And went, each one, his way,
And the king was told, "There are no guests
To bless this wedding day.
The king, in anger, sent his men--
"Go out into the streets,
And call the lost, the blind, the
dumb, the lame with broken feet,
And still when this was done,
the servant said, "Yet there is room."
The king replied, "Go out once more--
Compel them all to come."
Chorus: Compel them, compel them to come in.
Far too long they have wandered in the darkness of their sin.
There is rest at my table,
There is peace and joy within,
So compel them, compel them, compel them to come in.
And now the King of Heaven
plans the Supper of the Lamb.
We have a special
invitation from the Great I AM.
He bids us go to every creature,
Spread the Gospel word,
Go out into the highways to the ones
Who've never heard.
Oh, the highways and hedges are
so filled with lost and blind,
He said, "Go and bring as many
as ye find!"
Chorus
End (interlude) -- "compel them to come in…"
I so enjoyed this song because it reminded me of God’s love for the broken, wounded, fallen, and lost. It also reminded me of the job God has given every Christian—to go and preach the gospel to every creature. Truly our Lord is a good God!
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.” James 4:8


Fran's 028

8 comments:

  1. That's a lovely song. Thanks for sharing.

    Care to join for some Coffee with Jesus?!

    ~NRIGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is okay for me to say, the font color is a little difficult to read. It kind of blends in to the background. Not sure if you have got any feedback on that.

    Regards,
    NRIGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Frannie~ Thanks again for participating in the project to make hats for Romania. The project has officially ended and I'd like to know how many hats we made in all, so please visit the blog post {see link below} and then click on the link in the post to fill out a short form I've made for all the participants. If you have any questions, please let me know! Blessings!

    http://www.heirsofpromise.net/2010/10/hats-for-romania-and-they-mailed.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Frannie, I listend to the song and read the words as she sang. It is beautiful. I have missed reading your page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frannie,
    I know, it's so much fun to know that people enjoy your blog.
    I also recently found out that I have viewers all over the world.
    WOW!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    Oh, you haven't. WEll you should read them!
    I love hearing about the Davis family. It is so good.
    Have a great day,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Frannie! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! That cider is my new favorite! :-) I love pumpkin pie also, and just about everything pumpkin, so I'm with you on that one! I really enjoy reading your blog and am so glad you stopped over to say hi! You are a young woman with a great deal of insight, and I am so thankful that you're using your gifts to glorify and honor God!!! :-)

    Stop by again!!!

    Snowflakes@fromsnowflakestohotcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I TAGGED YOU!
    K

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...