Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer with a Purpose: Week Five! Along with some Ramblings and Thoughts

Greetings dear sisters in Christ! I hope this finds you all well and blooming in the Lord. He is such a kind and loving  Father!

Summer with a Purpose:
 Whew! Week five already? It feels like my week has flown by and I've hardly noticed! I know today is Saturday, but I'm going to include the few things I did. :o) Altogether, I'm not really sure if I did anything productive this week. :( I worked this week, and that takes up my time and energy. Besides that, I went to a nearby town where my sister will be renting an apartment! While there, we found a very cute and sturdy dining table with chairs and moved that in, as well as a very sweet pale green shelf. I may be moving in with her too, gulp, and so I've been job searching. . .a job in itself!

As I think back over this week, I would say that today was my most productive day. Why? Because I spent time with my Jesus. This past month, I've been struggling with reading my Bible and praying; I'm not sure why, but I've fallen back in my Christian life. But today was so meaningful and precious as I spent time with my Lord and Savior, allowing Him to cleanse my heart from sin, strengthen my faith, and remind me of His faithful promices. He is so faithful and loving, and it is my desire to be holy like Him! So as I go about this coming week, I am, by God's grace, trying to memorize 1Thessalonians 4:3-7 which reads:

"For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God: That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness."

and

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" 2 Corinthians 9:5.

 I also hope to read and finish a neat book titled "Are you Serious About Marriage?" Some sweet friends graciously lent it to me and its time I gave it back! :o) I've browsed through it and am excited to get started! I also hope to get my letters done (yes, that was on week four's list!).  

My Ramblings and Thoughts:
This topic may sound strange, but I feel so deeply and strongly about it I must share! :) 
Tonight, I had a conversation with a godly young man who told me that he had suffered verbal/emotional abuse in his past. . .one of them was by a girl whom he was in a relationship with. He still struggles because of the painful marks left on him. As we went on talking he casually told me, "Not to worry my pretty little head off." He then asked me if I thought that was dirogitory and explained that other girls had been upset and mad at him for using  that and similar silly little phrases. Sisters, I cannot tell you how shocked and appauled I was to hear  this. We are women, created to be sweet, encouraging, and loving helpmeets. How shameful that this young man has had to deal with ladies who were verbally unkind and so easily offended! If we cannot use self-control and learn to love others in our speech and if we take up offence at the silliest things now, we will do so when we are married. And we will destroy our husbands and marriages at the same time. We must seek to speak only godly things: things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report. I struggle with my controlling my tongue, it is a sin. But through Jesus' power and love, I can gain victory over sharp, unloving, and negative words. I also struggle with being sensitive. I must learn to love others despite their hurtful (or seemingly hurtful) remarks and trust that my worth is great in God's eyes. I should not be so easily offended and instead loves others through Jesus.
 I pray, that as we grow into godly young women, that we can be encouragements to our fellow brothers (spiritually and literally!). May we never be found pulling others down through words, actions, or attitudes! 

"That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified" 1 Thessalonians 4:6

Well, thats that! :o) I hope you all have a lovely week and Lord's day. I am taking a break from blogging for a little bit, but when I come back I will announce the winner of "Guess What I Am?" and the prize she will be recieving!

With lots of love,  

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite Bible verses!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...