Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday Events

“Jo had learned that hearts, like flowers, cannot be rudely handled, but must open naturally…” 
 
Little Women
 
It's one of those beautiful, sunny winter days that beg for you to come out and explore. While the eastern side is being snowed in (cuddle up with some cocoa and Scrabble away safely, dear ones!) my beloved and I are enjoying a day off.
 
I stumbled out of bed, hair awry, and together (its funny the things couples can do together) we made a cup of coffee. After omelets and left-over cornbread soaked in milk, we went off for our weekly grocery shopping trip/date. I say date because shopping with Dalton is a lot of fun.
 
At Aldis, I discovered this yellow primrose for $ .39! What a price for such a beauty! I decided to toss the dying and diseased succulents and planted our new friend in the pretty white pot I bought before we were married. I also gave the last two succulents new homes and moved the trio to the windowsill for fellowship and sunshine -- two things none of us can live without! :)
 
 
 
 
 
While the husband watched a documentary and took a midmorning snooze (he's so cute) I've occupied myself by filling out an "intent to graduate" form, checked on favorite blogs, and enjoyed some relaxing, classical music. Later, we may wander out to the library for Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events and explore the river landing we haven't been to yet.
 
It really is a beautiful day. What is keeping you occupied this fine Tuesday? Whatever it is, I pray that you, dear reader, are filled with beautiful peace and the joy of the Lord.
 
Love and blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful sounding day! Grocery shopping with the hubby is always fun! :D

    I taught my K-3 class this morning, and then came home and went straight to bed for an hour. For some reason, I woke up at 4 am, and could not get back to sleep. After I "revived", I ate a wee bit and got in a quick weight lifting session, and I am now tackling the mound of laundry that has been collecting... :D

    Have a wonderful rest of your day! Stay warm my friend!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have had an excellent day! I love it when I'm able to catch up on things like mountainous laundry piles. :) Also, I am inspired by your commitment to exercising! Way to go!!

    Blessings and love to you!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, Frannie!
    Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. :) I am excited about having another blog to read.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! So good to have you here, McKenzie! :) Thanks for stopping by and I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

    Blessings to you!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...