Thursday, September 19, 2013

Readily Seen


 
Could he, really?

Would the sincerity of my smile warm his skin? My ready, listening ear catch his attention? Would my words bring cheer and healing to his soul? And could he perceive the thankfulness in my actions and feel my honored heart beat with humility?

I know he would catch strings of laughter escape my mouth. He would hear sincere conversation and praise and know that he must be close to a man of great worth. He would sense friendship within the light atmosphere and decide that he was seated next to a couple who were best friends and comrades; in our silence he would gather that we are so much more than play. His heart would warm when he discovered through your quiet actions that he was in the presence of a man who loves big, loves gently, and loves boldly.
 And I think he would rejoice in the warmth of a love only God can create.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...