Tuesday, February 26, 2013

He Will Do It


I’ve always held this blind, childish belief that if ever persecuted or martyred for Christ I could handle it . . . until two weeks ago when it occurred to me how painful and horrible torture is. Living in rich and free country and in a home full of love has sheltered me from the daily hardships the majority of the world faces—every day. 
When I realized how horrific, how painful, dying for Christ could be my insides began to shudder. Days passed and I held this unmentionable fear within me. I feared the inevitable truth: if I were ever cornered and tortured in the name of Christ I would deny Him.
           The fear of pain is great yet in comparison the fear of denying the Son of God is much greater. It has far greater consequences.

          Finally, when I could no longer hold this ache within me, I shared with God this secret within me; I opened up to the Almighty Lord my hidden fear. And He said to me:


Child, I love you more than you love yourself. I will give you no more than you are able to handle and I have promised to give you grace for whatever I desire you to go through.

Peace, sweet peace. Our heavenly Father is more concerned for His name than we are; He is more concerned over His glory. And He has promised to be faithful. 
How could I think the grace He has given to countless martyrs He would refuse me. Well, they were spiritual giants. No, they were (and are) men and women just like you and me. They needed the sufficient grace of God to keep them amidst trials. 
Most importantly, I am to remember that dying for Christ starts today, right now. But my flesh cries out, “I can’t let my self die.” And He says, “No you can’t, but with me all things are possible.” 
How wonderful that Christ has already won the battle over sin and death. How wonderful He is for giving grace so that we too can be conquerors. 
Rejoicing in Jesus,
      Frannie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...