Saturday, June 23, 2012

God Calls Us . . . In Real Life

via Pintrest and John Piper

Summer is well underway on this little piece of  Missouri land. My days are spent rising early and beginning breakfast for the groups who arrive for a week of enjoyment and challenge at Discovery Ministries. I briskly walk about my kitchen island a hundred times or so while preparing a vast array of meals: oatmeal cakes with sauces, chili-dogs and oven fries, or chicken tetrazinni. So much food for so many hungry campers! :)

Though I am often hot and tuckered out by the end of the day, I am so glad to be back at DM. How I enjoy working with (though briefly) so many young people who are on a road to Christ. Perhaps they know Him already? Then I can encourage. Perhaps the camper is unsaved? Then I can encourage. No matter what, I can pray. These young people who enter my dining room are souls. My time with them is short but my prayers can cross so many borders.  

After a long day stooping o'er griddle or chopping some sort of veggie, it is wonderful to come home. Lately, our family has been enduring some darkened days and yet I still see the loving and gracious hand of God.  He has given us so much grace. I am noticing, however, that whenever I am lacking in a servant-heart things begin to be bumpier than need be. This is a good reminder to me; I have no rights to demand, only the Christ given ability to serve and encourage peace in those who make this house a home.

One more tidbit, our garden is growing! And I hope to have pictures soon!

Hoping you are also finding the hand of God strong and able!
Frannie

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog posts! Those chili dogs and oven fries sound delicious!!! :D
    I will be praying for you Frannie! Our prayers are sent to a God who knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Frannie! You're very blessed to have the chance to work with your hands and bless others in such a direct and beneficial way. I'll be praying for strength, peace, and patience for you!!

    I also awarded you over at my blog ... :-)

    Have a wonderful week, my friend!

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Cole and Vickie, Thank you for dropping by!

    Cole, I am so glad you enjoy it here! Hehe, there is something yummy about chili dogs, isn't there? :)

    Vickie, thank you for awarding me! I just finished it today--super fun!

    May the Lord bless your day!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Cole and Vickie, Thank you for dropping by!

    Cole, I am so glad you enjoy it here! Hehe, there is something yummy about chili dogs, isn't there? :)

    Vickie, thank you for awarding me! I just finished it today--super fun!

    May the Lord bless your day!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...