Monday, January 16, 2012

A Bit of Time

Greetings! How are you all? I hope very well--I've been finding it sort of hard to fit blogging into the rest of life lately. But it is so good to be back . . . if I haven't ever said it before let me say it now--I love writing and I am so glad to have a place to peck my little thoughts out. 

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”
I’ve been home in the states for nineteen days; nineteen days to settle in again into daily Missouri life. And I am so thankful for this time--time to quietly sit in the morning hours with my Momma and a cup of steaming black coffee, precious moments of counsel with my Daddy, sweet time with my siblings in laughter and play—all these add up to days. I have also been enjoying the day-to-day necessary tasks such as household chores, church activities, grocery shopping . . . J
But I must be careful to not let the days pass as sand through my fingers; I can easily pass my hours and moments in wasted, empty pursuits. Important pursuits like profitable reading, my quiet time, prayer and service for others often go out the window if I do not carefully guard my heart and priorities. Oh, that I could learn to sit at the feet of Jesus and apply my heart to wisdom.

With many blessings,
Frannie

2 comments:

  1. Frannie,

    You are so right. I remember when the future was such an abstract thought... the dream was enough. But it's here and now! I cherish the moments of sitting on the front porch, sipping coffee, and looking at the steam rising from the lake in the early morning. Just enjoying the stillness of God's glory.

    Blessings,

    Laura Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...