Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Peep Into My Day

Today is a wonderful and full day—how you may ask? Besides the beautiful robin-egg colored sky and the breeze which sets all the leaves into a nervous shake my family is buzzing about their work. The school year has begun. Momma has been an amazing example to me over these past few weeks when two unexpected (but most loved and welcomed) students joined my brother for a year of homeschooling. This meant Momma went from the teacher of one to three; much hurried thought and energy went into the setting up of a lovely school room, ordering books, preparing schedules and so on. Any order-loving person must understand how feelings of discouragement and fear could creep into such an unplanned event. Nevertheless, I have seen my momma rise up and meet this challenge full of the grace of God. Truly, He will strengthen with all might by His glorious power.

“She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.”

This year is especially fun for me. My prior experience with home-schooling was my being the student and my classmates my brother and sister—I was never really involved in it besides actually doing it. This year, however, I am enjoying the blessings of being graduated and “Momma’s Assistant.” I enjoy setting up our chore Stations, being in charge of breakfast and purposing myself to defeat the ancient foe: Laundry. It’s fun jumping into the classroom’s Bible time—singing “My Country Tis of Thee,” gazing at Abeka’s flashcards while we go over the story of Abram and Sarai’s move from Ur. I enjoy taking Momma her coffee and watching my young cousin rub his “Great Job” sticker in hopes of it being a scratch-and-sniff. :) Most of all I enjoy spending time with my Momma--watching her teach little ones in patience and knowledge. It’s fun being on the opposite side of the spectrum; being able to help with something versus spending my every free moment in a struggle with math.

The-School-Room-xx-Alfred-Rankley

And so, once the last of breakfast has been put away and a load of laundry is running I’m able to slip away and work on something Ghana related. Only seventeen more days till we begin our journey towards Pennsylvania and only twenty more days till I fly away. There was once a time when I wished Ghana would approach faster now I wish time would settle itself down and take a break. :o) However, through it all I must say that Jesus Christ and His Father are my hope and stay. They are my expectations and my fortress. My Shelter in the time of the storm.

Many blessings to you all. “For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:”

With love,

Frannie

The School Room  was painted by Alfred Rankley and can be found at the following link: http://www.oceansbridge.com/oil-paintings/product.php?xProd=74746

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited and happy for you, Frannie! :-) I pray that all of your preparations go smoothly! Sweet Dreams, lovey!

    Much Love,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like such a joyful day...what's better is that your perspective & outlook is joyful, and so too, therefore, is your day! Oh, I pray that more young ladies would have this perspective. It's so important to trust in the Lord in every aspect of one's life (even the "every day") and I know that you do this. I'm encouraged by your walk, dear Frannie.

    A joyful day to you : )
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...