Friday, April 30, 2010

An Award Which Blesses the Heart- The Pure in Heart award

Hello Sisters! Tonight was a lovely and interesting night as we had tornado warnings near our area and a lightning storm. But, we are all safe, praise the Lord! Truly, He is an awesome God!

Guess what friends? I had two blogger friends award me the "Pure in Heart" award!
(Isn't it lovely?)


 I'm very blessed and excited! Thank you Addie and Sarah! It was very sweet of you of think of me! Because the two awards had different questions I decided to add the differences, except for the questions I didn't like.

Here are the rules:

1. Post about the tag.
2. Choose 10 bloggers who deserve this award.
3. Leave a comment on the blogs of the people you tagged, letting them know they were awarded.
4. Answer the questions along with your post. (Omit questions you don't want to answer)
Here I go!

1. Which do you prefer--Apples, Oranges, or Bananas?
This is a hard one! I think I would choose apples. I enjoy all of them, but a crunchy apple is my top pick.

2. How many siblings do you have? How old are you?
Have have two siblings- Sweet, almost 19, year-old Allie and kind-hearted, 15 year-old, permit driving Jeremiah. I have entered what I call the  "Golden Years" or the twenties. :)



3. Where do you live--a prairie, Woodland, city, or other?
We live in a small town in Missouri. Were nestled in the Ozarks and I am very thankful the Lord created this beautiful land and has changed my heart towards it.


4. What is something you enjoy doing with your family?
I love visiting with my family! Whether that means sitting on the porch, coming together after a busy day, I just love being together. How will I go on without them? :) Only by God's grace!

5. Is your room clean?
~ A smile creeps across my face~ Yes it is clean. But that does not mean my furniture is dusted, the floors do not have dust bunnies rolling freely, and that my sheets are fresh. it is clean, but not perfectly so. :)

6. Which would you prefer to vist--Italy, Greece, France, Spain, or England?
I think Greece.


7. What is the scripture that encourages you the most?
So many do, I have a hard time choosing one. I think at this time the verse "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." Deuteronomy 6:5

8. Gum, chocolate, or jelly beans?
Chocolate

9.What are your favorite types of books?
I enjoy morally good, sweet, encouraging fictional books (like "An Old Fashioned Girl"), missionary biographies and stories, and Christian helps and devotionals.

10. Which is your favorite ice cream flavor?
For a basic flavor I would choose chocolate icecream, but in Alaska we had cotton candy ice cream and that was yummy! :)

11. If you had to eat one type of food for two weeks, what would that food be?
Cheese Chowder.


12. Are you an outside or an inside person?
Typically, I enjoy being an inside person.  But after moving to Missouri I've really been enjoying being outside. I've been wanting to go on a hike lately. . . almost itching for it! :)
13. Describe yourself in three words.
Christian, Girl, Growing-up.
At least I hope so!

14. What chore do you like to do the most?
I like working in the kitchen. Not all of the time, but I believe that would be my most favorite. . .to wash dishes is delightful.


15. Scissors or Glue?
Because I have been making some cards lately, I would choose glue. Although I do need scissiors! :)

16. Describe your dream house.
Well, first of all, I would like to say that I hope to be content and at rest in anything, if the Lord wills me there. A second thing is that I have two dream homes.  If I were to live in America I would like a little farm house, with enough land for farming, a tree for my children (or neighbor children!) to climb on (if the Lord desires), with fruit trees. . .I would actually enjoy working in an orchard I think! Also, the little house would have enough beds for children and guests with pretty quilts on top of them! :) And a front porch! :) Lord willing! :)


If I were to become a missionary, I would really like to live as the people around me do. If I were in Africa I would want to live in a hut. I know that would sometimes be difficult, but I hope, by God's grace to be as those I'm serving!

17. If you could be a book character for a day, who would you be?

Hmm...In real life I would like to be as Amy Carmichal. Fictionally, I would like to be as Polly from "An Old Fashioned Girl," Polly from "Pollianna," and I would also enjoy being the March girls from "Little Women," although I hope I would have some of their better traits than bad. :)


18. What denomination are you?
Well, I am a born-again Christian girl and I desire to obey God  and His ways.
 I was raised in a Baptist church and am very thankful for the way God's Word was put into my heart as a young child. I became a Christian around 15 years-old and since then have been changing. At this time, my family and I go to a Christian Church and we are very thankful for their fellowship. I do cover my head and wear dresses, so I thought a picture like the one below would be appropriate. I think it explains alot of what I desire to be, although it is not a demonination: sweet, covered, modest, lady-like and feminine, gentle, quiet, honest, and I think she even looks submissive. Maybe she is serving her father and mother at home and while doing so, serving the Lord? Or perhaps working in an orphange or serving on a mission field? Or even preparing a meal for her children and husband? 



Well, that's it! I had better go to bed, but I would like to give this beautiful award to:

My followers! I have eight known followers and I do believe they each have lovely, pure hearted blogs. I have been blessed by each one of them! If you have already recieved this award, please feel free to pass it on to some one else!

Have a blessed day dear sisters. Let us allow Jesus His rule in our lives!
With a heart full of love from a sister,


Picture Credits:

~ The delicious apple picture was taken from here.
~ The lovely picture of Eminece was taken from this great website about our little, but industrious town!
~ The yummy chowder picture was taken from here.
~ The beautiful picture of my "dream home" was taken from this beautiful site.
~ The book cover with amy Carmicheal was taken from here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...