Friday, March 5, 2010

A Peek into a Busy Afternoon and the How-to's of Working Joyfully

Greetings from a lovely Missouri afternoon and a sister with dishes in the sink! : )
 Today is Friday and I have been washed over with a list of to-do's. I was surprised with a work schedule for this weekend and although I enjoyed my first day back as a cook I came home to the realization that the work has only begun. Dishes have piled themselves high, laundry limply overflows the basket, and a bathroom screams in need of attention. Don't forget the sweeping and mopping which needs done. : ) I ask myself, "How shall I get through all of this?" A few things come to mind and I hope to apply them.
~ Give praise that I am learning to keep a home now and not later.
~ Give thanks that we have dirty dishes to wash, dirty clothes in the basket, and a family to pick up after.
~ Praise the Lord for His care, for my ability to clean up, a momma who taught me how, modern convinieces, and a dishwasher!
~ Put some lovely godly music on to uplift and encourage my day.
~  Realize that my duties have been given to me by the Creator and Lord of the universe and that I have the blessed privilege of making home a clean and joyful place to be!

"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4,5

This is what I would like to be as an older woman. What a lovely thing to be used by the Lord! But as young women we have the responsibility to obey God here and now, not in our own homes Lord willing. I hope that this verse can become a realization in me! May we all press on and learn to joyfully obey the Lord here at home!
 Your house-cleaning sister in Christ,
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...