Monday, November 5, 2012

Sureness


I am sure my life is so much more meaningful than how comfortable I can make it, how homey my home is, how much money I make, who I know, and what I wear.  

I mean, I guess I could be wrong seeing that my belief is contrary to the other successful, happy people in this word. The majority who so often seem to say what is what.

Maybe, now that I comprehend the vast amount of humanity I am turning against, my life wouldn’t be very valuable if I spent it for God.  I mean, spending my moments really doing what Christ desires: pouring my life out, not loving this world, spending my moments in true, eternity-effecting responsibilities. I guess dying to self really isn’t all that profitable, is it? and that gaining the rewards of said death (walking and working in fellowship with the God, gaining victory over sin, and gaining life) isn’t really all that worthwhile . . .

Lately, God has been knocking on my heart and asking me if I really, truly want life. And I say that I do; “Yes, Lord, of course I want that.” Then He says to follow Him. Follow. Him. As in do as He says, trust in His Person, walk in His ways.

While I honestly am afraid of such surrender, of such impact with my Lord, I’ve piddled around enough to know that life outside of Christ is no life at all; that there is no other way to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey.

And really, honestly, I count it as a privilege. For God to reach out to us humans and say, “I love you. I’ve paid the price for you. I have a heart of good-will to you” is amazing. To be counted as an heir with Christ, to have my identity in Him is truly worthwhile. To know that He rewards the faithful and lifts the weak . . . well, that really is worth all the pain and un-comfortableness at the moment.

I am sure. Sure that life is so much more than I often make it.

            Frannie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...