Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Comforting Words

"I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon meL I found trouble and sorrow.

Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.

Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

The LORD preserveth the  simple; I was brought low, and he helped me. "

Psalm 116:1-6

♥ ♥ ♥

Sometimes, when life seems dry and fruitless, I find reading God's Word and agreeing with it exactly what I need. It washes over me reminding me of sins needing to be confessed and filling me with hope and remembrances of God's goodness. It steadies the frazzled spirit and restarts the over-worked mind.

Today, Psalms 116 spoke into my heart and became alive.

What has encouraged you, lately?

With love!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Frannie!

    Such a beautiful and comforting psalm...God's word can truly heal any hurt we may have...and comfort us in ways that noone else can ever do.

    In addition to God's word...I am also encouraged daily by my family. They are so supportive...and always there to help me and "lift me up". Families are such a blessing!

    Happy Thanksgiving, my dear!

    Sweet blessings,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Laura,

    How grateful I am for your encouraging words; yes, you are so right! God's Word provides immeasurable comfort and family such aid and encouragement!

    May the LORD blss you, my dear friend!

    Frannie

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...