Thursday, April 14, 2011

Greetings dear friends! I hope this finds each of you very, very well! I am well. Oh, God is so good friends; sometimes life just seems to overwhelm but in the moments of distress, loneliness, and fear let us remember

"The LORD [is] my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." Ps. 28:7

Something that I've been pondering o'er today is how distracted I can get. Especially when it comes to Christ and His will for my life. Most of you know that I believe in (and love) modesty and purity and therefore, I try to portray that in my dress. But sometimes I get distracted from my purpose--I continue wearing my modest dress or skirt but my heart becomes so impure. It becomes fascinated with worldly thoughts, discontent with its place in the world and stained by impurities; simply put, it loses its First Love while focusing inward. And I have been doing that lately. I am so thankful that we have a God who knows our every weakness and is willing to forgive when we come in repentance. A God who can erase guilt and free us from an impure heart. Truly,  

"O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him." Psalm 34:8

The video below is one I was recently introduced to. It has been a huge blessing to me and I hope it will be to you too!  


My dear sister and I will be going with some sisters in our church to a women's conference this weekend. If you are able, keep the conference in your prayers that Christ may be glorified!

8 comments:

  1. So very true Frannie! Through the good, the bad, and the ugly *He* will get the glory!

    What a blessing, Frannie! :-) I hope you and your sister have a blessed time full of our Heavenly Father's love and protection!

    With Much Love,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the encouraging words, Miss Frannie. I sometimes seem to forget the purpose of why I dress in modest apparel as well, although the Lord continually reminds me of that purpose when I call on Him! We serve an awesome God, indeed!
    I pray that you are blessed at the women's conference!

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet thoughts... thank you for sharing! It is so comforting that we have a Savior to run to, who forgives us and cleanses us. Thank you for the sweet reminder....

    Love In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The enemy of souls never ceases to prowl about for our souls, seeking whom he may devour, does he? I was impressed with your courage to write this post and admit the struggles that we all experience from time to time. I am so thankful for a merciful Savior who was tempted in every way as we were and therefore has sympathy with our infirmities (Hebrew 4:15).

    I pray that the conference you attend this weekend will be a great blessing to both you and your sister! I hope you will share information about it once you return home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frannie! Your blog has been listed at www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well.

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota - A Look at Life from a Deerstand

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you all are so right! It is always a battle for me to see how my heart is doing. I am so thankful we have a living Lord who will give us the grace to have victory. I'm also so thankful for you all--my fellow brothers and sisters in CHrist who provide so much encouragement and love. You all are such a blessing!

    May the LORD bless you dear friends!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping in to say hello. I hope your conference was a blessing to you. I would love to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...