Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Love. . .

Greetings! Well, I’m about to tackle a topic I said I was going to tackle back in February. If you would like to read the original post click here! Yes, I am going to try and do a study on the Fruits of the Spirit. And my first topic will be love.  Lately, the Lord has been impressing on my heart how much I lack this essential fruit. It shocked me! Here I am, a  “nice Christian girl” and I’m lacking love? But,

“A good tree can't produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.” Matthew 7:18
"Either make the tree good, and its fruit good, or make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt; for the tree is known by its fruit.
Matthew 12:33
“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:” Proverbs 23:7a

I cannot ignore the Word of God which plainly says that my actions will tell on my heart. Lately bitterness, anger, irritation, and other unloving feelings and thoughts have surfaced in my life! Oh! surely you might understand how sad this has made me! Jesus Christ, our loving Brother, Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, willingly gave up His glorious Kingship for servant hood, no reputation, mockings, and a cruel criminal’s death. He was nothing but love.
I say all this because, when there is a lack of good fruit in our lives, we must ask why. And that is what I am doing; I hope to study and research each fruit and, by God’s grace, apply it to my life. For I truly want to be His vessel, his obedient child!

If any of you have anything to add to my studies, please do so! I learn so much from other sisters and brothers in Christ, and am always blessed to gain wisdom God has given to you. Well, I am really looking forward to what God has in store for me and I pray that what I learn may also be a blessing to you all.

Turning her face towards Christ,
31C7808052A1CF0E9ACC3ADD47E764DE


Picture Credit: This lovely apple was taken from Graphics Fairy. Please go visit! :o)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy you've decided to study the fruits of the Spirit. I'm looking forward to the next part of your study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frannie, you asked a question on my blog about just knitting scarves. Here's the reply I posted under your comment:

    I'm glad your excited. :) Yes, you can knit scarves by themselves! That would be fine. I went to Lion Brand's website which has thousands of free knitting/crocheting patterns and searched for beginner hat patterns. These two look really easy...I'm sure you could give them a try!

    http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90379AD.html?noImages=0

    http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90624AD.html?noImages=0

    Just copy & paste the URLs into your browser to view the patterns. I hope you find them helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Frannie! Not to speak against the spirit, but you're one of the most loving young women I've ever encountered in the blogging world! It's not just by what you write, but how you write! :-) Every time I visit your blog I feel overwhelmed by the love, kindness, and just outpouring of the Holy Spirit I feel! You are such a blessing! I'm so glad Yahweh allowed me to get to know you!

    Blessings and Much Love
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...