Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Father- Happy Fathers Day Daddy Dearest!

Happy Fathers Day Papi!

Since I was a little girl, you have always been in my heart and on my mind. Your caring and fun ways made for a light and cheerful home. The moments of watching "Star Treck" and eating uncooked macaroni noodles or snuggling in with you, Allie, and Jeremiah while watching "Krat's Creatures" are permantently good ones. Thank you for being the Daddy who changed diapers, who helped Momma with us children and the home, and who was kind and gentle.
Thank you also for letting Momma homeschool, even though it was a challenge!

Thank you for being a loving husband--for having many of the virtues I desire in my future mate!

Thank you Dad for helping me grow from a little girl into a woman (can I call myself that yet?). Thank you for giving my young mind a vision--one of godliness, success, character, and following after my dreams (which means the Lord's). 

Thank you for working with each of us kid's different personalities, for loving each of us in our own way. Thank you for being proud of us and helping us with our schoolwork. Thank you for teaching us our Roman Numerals. :)

Thank you for having a wonderful sense of humor and for being the man God created you to be.


Thank you for being a good and diligent worker all your life. You have met all of our needs and beyond; we are able to joyfully rest knowing that you are providing for us. Thank you for teaching me responsibility!
(Daddy is the handsome, young man kneeling and is the fourth man from the right :).  

Thank you for leading me through the paths of life; for shining a light of knowledge and kindness when my way seems too rough and dark.

I praise the Lord for you Papi!
My heavenly Father was so wise in giving me to you and Momma. God bless you Daddy!

What Makes a Dad
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad
-Author Unknown.

I love you Daddy! God bless you!

P.S.- The above pictures were taken following links (in order of appearance):
1. http://www.jmeader.com/paintings/index.html
2. http://www.healingstory.org/nl/page4.html
3. http://daniellefreelances.wordpress.com/2009/06/21/fathers-day/
4. http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/article.aspx?id=3438




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...