Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Please Excuse my Lack of Control

Oh, I just cannot resist! Have any of you heard of the hymn titled, "Buried with Christ" by William James Kirkpatrick? It is so amazingly true and it cuts to my heart in how my Christian walk should be. I just found it tonight on cyberhymnal.org. If you would like to hear its tune go to this link.

Buried with Christ

Buried with Christ and raised with Him, too,
What is there left for me to do?
Simply to cease from struggling and strife,
Simply to walk in newness of life.

Buried with Christ and dead unto sin;
Dying but living, Jesus within;
Ruling and reigning day after day,
Guiding and keeping all of the way.

Risen with Christ my glorious Head,
Holiness now the pathway I tread;
Beautiful thought from walking therein,
He that is dead is freed from all sin.

Living with Christ, who dieth no more,
Following Christ, who goeth before;
Not under law, I’m now under grace,
Sin is dethroned, and Christ takes its place.

Do you have a favorite hymn? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! I absolutely adore hymns. Many of them are taken right from Scripture and really make you think hard. They aren't "easy" like some of the contemporary worship music of today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...