Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God's Work in a Heart

                                           Dear Sisters in Christ,
Greetings! My heart so happy and glad! A few minutes ago I opened a letter from a dear friend and sister in Christ who has been going through many difficulties. . .one is being in jail. I must say however, that her testamony shows that Jesus is real, living, kind, and good. She is growing and through these tough times she is seeing God's mercy. Praise the Lord! And through this God has been blessing me because I am privileged to see her grow and walk in the Lord. He is so merciful and good! Also, I have seen God's mercy and faithfulness in  how He is using me. I have been afraid and worried that I would write something that would hurt feelings when Momma told me that I must speak the truth. For me speaking in love is somewhat easy, but speaking the frank and real truth. . .how difficult it is! So to combine the two- love and truth- was a challenge. But, I praise God that He helped my dear friend see my love for her. How good He is!

I would also like to use this post to encourage jail ministry. "Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." Matthew 25:36 This is a subjest very near to my heart. Those in prison need our prayers and love. Please do not misunderstand me- wisdom is very crucial here. Listen to your parents and obey their desires for you. For example, I would visit with every person in jail pitying them and their problems, but Dad has wisly reminded me that most people in jail are there for a reason and that all my love and compassion will not change their heart. Because I look through rose-colored glasses I would take in every homeless person, but Daddy reminds me that that their are dangers and I must be wise. I am very thankful for his advice. In my case, I already knew this person before she entered jail; I was not contacting a stranger, something that could be dangerous and unwise. So again, please ask for and obey your parent's direction. With that said, I do think it is the Christian's responisbility to encourage the hurting, imprisoned, hungry, and unloved. There are many ways to do this, but single ladies can do one certain thing that is crucial- pray. Pray that those in jail may seek the Lord, repent of their sins, and use their time wisely. God can use a Christian in jail just as He can a Christian in church. He is able!

As you may have seen I'm very excited about this. I am greatly encouraged by God's faithfulness. He is living!
May the Lord bless your day today! With lots of love,

3 comments:

  1. That is a good article. I prayed for your friend.
    I enjoyed looking at the photos of your family, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Belinda and I too will pray for your friend. I'd also like to add that you are wise to take counsel from your parents and to listen to their wisdom. I'm proud of you for honoring your parents as I'm sure you're parents are too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your prayers! I am blessed by your care and I know she would be too.

    Mrs. Adams~ I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!

    Mrs. Wilson~ Thank you! I've been blessed by the Lord with such good parents and I hope to be a blessing to them!

    I really appreciate you both commenting on my blog and may the Lord bless your night! I'm off to make some potato soup! :) Frannie

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, darling!

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- leave a comment below and I'll do my best to give you a reply. There is nothing sweeter then hearing from my readers!

Love, blessings and a steaming cup of coffee,

Frannie Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...