Friday, February 26, 2010

We Are Not Our Own

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1Corinthians 6:19, 20


Dear sisters in Christ,
 Greetings in Jesus name! I hope this finds you well and growing in the Lord. I know I am. Last night after listening to a Charity Ministries tape by Brother Rick Leibee on the crossroads in life (Youth Bible School 2001) and listening to a tape titled "Ye are Not Your Own" from Youth Bible School 2009 by Brother Tanner Leibee, I became very convicted. Brother Rick Leibee spoke on the different crossroads in life that many young people face- our death, vanity, the world, and so on. I am very convicted because I have become closer to the world, merging with it in tiny ways, befriending it. A little bit of worldly music, a little bit of gossip, watching wrong movies, and caring too much for myself. This has brought much grief to my heart as sweet peace left and confusion took its place. Why, I wondered, am I facing so many trials and difficulties? Listening to "Ye Are Not Your Own" I realized that I am not my own and that I am Gods. It doesn't matter if I do not feel or want to obey, I am not my own. My desire and hope is that as I grow closer to the Lord and become more fully and truly His I will want to obey. . .sweetly and quietly. I hope this post will be an encouragement to you. If you are fully surrended to the Lord. . .good, praise the Lord. But if you are struggling with your flesh and doubts, I would encourage you to turn to God's Word and allow Him to point you the way. Ask Him for His help and trust in Him. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Only He can give abudant life.

I looked up the word surrendered on http://www.merriam-webster.com/ and found the below definition very interesting.

Surrendered

transitive verb


1 a : to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand b : to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another


2 a : to give (oneself) up into the power of another especially as a prisoner b : to give (oneself) over to something (as an influence)


intransitive verb


: to give oneself up into the power of another : yield

May we as Christians and daughters of the king wholeheartedly fit the above definition.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...